Rockets Launch Procedure
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is what you need to do in order to launch a rocket with us. Note: SSI does subsidize a substantial portion of the cost to launch and build rockets.
- Be a member of SSI (pay your dues). Talk to your co-lead about how to do this.
- Complete EH&S safety trainings (you only need to do this once): 2200,1900, and 4200 (on Axess).
- Sign up on the SSI HPR Roster. The document exists in the SSI Google Drive.
- Become a member of either:
a. the Tripoli Rocketry Association (TRA) online, this will cost $30. b. the National Association of Rocketry (NAR) online, this will cost $25.
- Attend the intro to rocketry workshop. This will give you a brief overview of the fundamentals of high power rocketry and give you the tools to analyze and design your own rockets.
- Read and understand:
a. the Tripoli safety documents b. the NAR High-Power Safety Code