Rockets Launch Procedure
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is what you need to do in order to launch a rocket with us. Note: SSI does subsidize a substantial portion of the cost to launch and build rockets.
(will link to things once google drive is fully organized)
- Be a member of SSI (pay your dues). Talk to your co-lead about how to do this.
- Complete EH&S safety trainings (you only need to do this once): 2200,1900, and 4200 (on Axess).
- Sign up on the SSI HPR Roster. The document exists in the SSI Google Drive.
- Become a member of either:
- Attend the intro to rocketry workshop. This will give you a brief overview of the fundamentals of high power rocketry and give you the tools to analyze and design your own rockets.
- Read and understand:
- the TRA safety documents
- the NAR High-Power Safety Code
- Complete the forms we ask of you:
- TRA Launch Liability Waiver Form
- NAR Launch Liability Waiver Form
- Emergency Contact Form
- Stanford Launch Waiver
- Pre-flight Rocket Approval Form
- If you are attempting to certify, fill out the correct form:
- TRA Certification Form
- NAR Certification Form